Introduction to Islam. Let Baba Ali Explains:
Quotations: "The messenger of Allah said: "
"If anyone harms (others), God will harm him, and if anyone shows hostility to others, God will show hostility to him." Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1625.
"Those who believe in the Qu'ran, and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians(scriptures)...and (all) who believe in God and the last day and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." The Qur'an, 2:62
"The best jihad [struggle] is (by) the one who strives against his own self for Allah, The Mighty and Majestic," by the Prophet Muhammad.
A quick overview of Islam.
Islam is a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion. The root of the word Islam means, submission and total surrender to God. Follower of Islam are muslims, their teachings are in the Qur'an.
the “Five Pillars of Islam”; Faith, Prayers, Giving of Alms (charity), Fasting, Pilgrimage to Mecca. These are the duties of all Muslims.
Islam has two major denominations; Sunni (85%) and Shi'a (15%). Islam is mostly in Africa, Middle East and also predominantly in Asia, China, Russia and the Balkans. With over 1.3 billion Muslims, Islam is the 2nd largest religion in the world and the fastest growing.
The six main Books consulted by Muslims:
• The Qur'an translated recitation are the literal words of God in their original Arabic language. Muslims believe that it was dictated to Muhammad by the archangel Jibril over 23 years.
• The Suhuf-i-Ibrahim (Scrolls of Abraham/Ibrahim)
• The Tawrat (a.k.a Tawrah or Taurat) This is the Pentateuch, the first five books from the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament).
• The Zabur Psalm Hebrew Scriptures. According to the Qur'an, the Zabur was revealed to David when he was king of Israel.
• The Injil. The Entire Gospels ,the words of Jesus.
• The Hadith, collections of Muhammad's saying. They are regarded as the Sunnah (lived example) of Muhammad.
Islam has six fundamental beliefs:
• A single, indivisible God. "Allah". The Arabic word for God.
• The angels.
• The divine scriptures.
• The Messengers of God, including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad the final, universal message for all of humanity.
• The Day of Judgment.
• The supremacy of God's will.
Other beliefs include:
• God did not have a son.
• Jesus is a prophet, born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus to be God is blasphemous; it is seen as polytheism.
• Jesus was not executed on the cross. He escaped crucifixion and was taken up into Paradise.
• The existence of Satan.
• All people are considered children of Adam. Islam officially rejects racism.
• All children are born pure and in a natural state of submission to Islam.
• Alcohol, drugs, pork, gambling etc …are sins.
The media has historically disseminated a very negative image of Islam. Its reports and focus are on the beliefs and practices of the most conservative wing of the religion. Looking back we will discover injustice, genocide, massacre of entirely innocent civilians in the name of Jesus or Abraham. Should the world judge Christianity based on the countless atrocities committed during the Inquisition, the acts of the KKK, Timothy McVeigh, Jim Jones, David Koresh, and and Judaism on Meir Kahane actions. Absolutely not. Then why do those same eyes let the public believe that Osama bin Laden and Mullah Muhammad Omar defines Islam?